You have heard it said over and over again that buying a Windsor home is a good thing to do even in this tough real estate market. However, it’s natural that one must ask themselves if this is still really good advice. Here are a few reasons why buying a home is can be a positive step even today.
1. It’s An Investment: Yes, this may cause raised eyebrows based on the fact that many homes today are upside down. It’s important to realize that real estate moves in cycles. Some years are better than others. But buying when housing prices are low makes sense for those looking at a long-term investment.
2. You Are The Owner: When renting, you are always under the scrutiny of the landlord. When you are the owner of a Windsor home, you are able to decorate, landscape or anything you like. Home ownership does provide one with a sense of security and a place you can call your own.
3. Community: Owning a home allows you to be part of a community. Because you have a financial interest in your property, your ties to your town grow. You are vested with your neighborhood, local businesses, schools and such as you want to see your neighborhood thrive.
4. Cheaper Than Renting: Rents will always increase. Once you have purchased a home, you will know that your house payment will stay steady for however long your loan implies.
5. No Regrets: Most homeowners, even in today’s tough market, do not regret buying a home. People feel attached to their homes and prefer to raise families in homes that they own. While watching home prices fluctuate is never fun, most homeowners agree that given time, home values will continue to rise.
6. Now Is The Time To Find A Deal: There are many good bargains today when searching for a Windsor home. However, they are not going to last. The market is improving, prices are moving upward so the days of great deals will not last forever.
7. Lots of Homes On The Market: There are lots of choices out there for the picky buyer. With several thousand homes for sale in Windsor, you will have no trouble finding the one you can call home.
Of course, it is up to you to decide if it’s the right time to purchase a Windsor home based on your own personal situation and finances. But if you are seriously thinking about buying a home, there is no time like the present.