Whenever a buyer is looking at Windsor houses in an area they are unfamiliar with, it’s good to have an experienced real estate agent beside you. Let’s say you have been relocated to an area that you know nothing about. You know nothing of the schools, which neighborhoods are considered ideal or up-and-coming. You don’t know if the commute from your new job will be long or short or if you are looking at everything in your price range. This is why you need to hire a neighborhood specialist who can answer all of your questions and point you in the right direction.
While it’s always easier on a buyer to hire an agent that is a friend it is a problem if they don’t know the area. It’s always better to hire someone who is experienced, passionate and knows the community well. Think about it this way: would you hire a surgeon just because they were your friend, or would you want the best in their field? When you are dealing with a substantial financial decision, it’s always best to go with the experts that can you get the best deal for your money.
So what makes a real estate agent a neighborhood specialist?
1. They know the history of Windsor houses and neighborhoods.
2. They know what homes were on the market and what they sold for.
3. They know what neighborhoods are sought-after and what ones to avoid.
4. They can accurately price a home.
5. They can tell you which homes are overpriced.
6. They have a solid reputation with other local agents and can get valuable information regarding Windsor houses.
7. They will know what new inventory will soon be on the market, which can give you a valuable head start.
8. They know what is happening in the community.
9. They know what makes certain homes in a neighborhood worth more than others.
10. They have a list of reputable appraisers, inspectors and any other information that you will need.
Overall, the goal for any real estate agent is to find a home for a buyer that is considered a perfect fit at the perfect price. Hiring a professional that knows the neighborhood, where an out-of-area agent may not, gives a buyer peace of mind that they are making the right decision on making an offer on a home.