You have heard it time and time again. It’s a buyer’s market regarding homes for sale in Windsor. But take in consideration that all signs show that the worst is over regarding our housing crisis. Yes, we have a long ways to go before we can breathe a sigh of relief, but smart buyers will take heed of these five simple rules to make sure they stand out from the rest:
1. Increase your chances of buying your dream home by getting pre-approved for a mortgage. In a competitive market, this can be a golden ticket to sellers who may even accept less money if there is a commitment from a banker behind it.
2. Understand your limits. Know how much you are willing to spend for homes for sale in Windsor and don’t go beyond it. Establishing a firm budget will prevent you from buying a home beyond your means and from participating in an often emotional bidding war.
3. Never purchase a home without hiring a home inspector. Make your home offer conditional on a home inspection. Negotiate with the seller to cover any repairs or deduct the cost from your final offer.
4. Don’t forget to include closing costs and moving expenses. When budgeting for your home, include extra money for these expenses. The closing costs can often shock you, so be prepared and ask your lender for an amount you will be required to pay.
5. Finally, when moving, make it easy on yourself and avoid the costs of storage fees. Move from your old home into your new home on the same day if possible. Who wants to move twice?