The summer is at its halfway point and if you haven’t had much activity on your Windsor home, you may want to consider an open house. In the past few years, open houses are not as popular as they used to be, especially with virtual tours on the Internet being so popular. However, if your home is in excellent condition, priced correctly and located in a highly desirable area, you may improve your chances of selling your home this summer if you host an open house.
So what can you do to make sure your Windsor home stands out? There are successful open houses and there are those that we often wonder why a seller and his agent even attempted to have one. Here are some steps you can take to have an open house that is worth your while.
1. Advertise on your social media accounts. Write colorful, descriptive ads that will draw the buyer to your home.
2. Give your property exposure. Add balloons to your signs and find the busiest intersections closest to your neighborhood to post them. Make sure they are put up every few blocks so buyers won’t get lost.
3. Make sure all cars are removed from your driveway and in front of your Windsor home.
4. Let the light in! Make sure drapes are open and lights are on!
5. Provide soft music, especially if you have an incredible sound system that is wired for multiple rooms.
6. Have colorful, professional fliers available filled with excellent photos and all pertinent information, including financing options.
7. If you have had an inspection, make that available for buyers to review, including appraisals, comps, major repairs and warranties. Don’t overwhelm the buyer with paperwork, but mention that these papers are available for the interested buyer.
8. Serve light refreshments, like lemonade on a hot day.
9. Ask for feedback. Ask a buyer what they thought of your home. While you may not like everything that is said, take it into consideration, especially if more than one buyer mentions a potential issue.