If you are a pet owner and you are considering purchasing a Windsor Condo that just came on the market, you need to ask some questions before you make that offer.
Pet owners everywhere can’t imagine living in a housing complex that wouldn’t allow animals. However, there are those Homeowner’s Associations that prohibit either all or certain animals on the property. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Read the Condominium Corporation documents: Check to see if pets are allowed. Even if they do, make sure there are not size, weight, noise and type of animals requirements.
2. Check Home’s Features: Do you require a place where you can bathe your dog so do you an outside faucet? Will your dog scratch the hardwood floors so is carpeting necessary? Do you have an older pet so stairs are unwelcome? Does your home have enough space so your pets can get plenty of leg room?
3. Windsor Condo on Busy Street? Heavy traffic outside your condo can be dangerous for your pet. Even the most well trained animal can dart out to the street unprovoked. If this is something that will concern you, then it’s best to look for another condo.
4. Pet Services nearby? Will you have to travel far for pet food, vet, doggie day care, groomer or kennel?
5. Dog Park: Is there a local dog park nearby? Chances are you will be spending lots of time at a dog park, especially if your pet has been inside most of the day, so it’s best to find one close.
6. Is There A Fenced Yard At Your Windsor Condo? Check to see if there is a common yard that is available for your dog where you will be living. Also, it is a good idea to see if there are any areas that are restricted to animals.