When it gets down to the final days of closing your Windsor property, it’s so easy to wave off the final walk through. Many buyers believe they have seen the house many times, the inspection went well and the sellers are so nice, that it’s not necessary to double check if the home is left in good condition. Think again. In fact, here is a checklist of what every buyer should do when going on your final walk-through:
1. Check every light fixture by turning it off and on.
2. Run all water faucets and check under the sink.
3. Make sure all appliances are working.
4. Check to see if garage door openers work and are left behind.
5. Flush toilets.
6. Inspect walls, floors and ceilings as well as ceiling fans.
7. Open and close doors.
8. Test air conditioning and heating.
9. Open and close all windows.
10. Check and make sure all trash is removed from home.
What if the Windsor property is vacant? This is even more critical that a final walk-through happens. Often, problems can occur when a home has been vacant for a while. A burst pipe, particularly in cold weather, an infestation of bugs and other issues have been known to occur.