Your Windsor property for sale may be the best home on the block, but if it is photographed badly, you have effectively prevented buyers from knocking on your door. As real estate agents, we have often said to buyers, “this house shows better than photographs.” This is always too bad when we have to convince a buyer to look at a home simply because a seller did not take the extra time to market their Windsor property correctly. Promoting your home, especially in a buyer’s market, needs to be well thought out and will take some time. However, it will be well worth it.
Buyers usually first begin their house search by looking online. Listings that don’t include photos are usually passed over. So follow these suggestions when photographing your Windsor property for sale:
1. Remove all vehicles from the property. No one wants to see your car in the driveway.
2. Shoot up close and avoid any shade on the house.
3. Make sure you crop out all sidewalk and streets. The house should be the focus.
4. Make sure the buyers can see your home so clear away any overgrown bushes and greenery.
With interior photos, we suggest the following for your Windsor property for sale:
1. Create light by opening blinds and drapes and turning on lights.
2. If you have a special feature, like a beautiful fireplace, then focus on it!
3. Make sure all trash is emptied and toilet seats are down. Sounds obvious right? But you would be surprised what sellers forget to remove.
4. Make sure house is clutter free. No buyer wants to see your laundry basket on the couch or your dinner dishes in the sink.
5. Avoid shooting into mirrors or buyers will see a partial picture of you and a large flash.