For some buyers, they absolutely will not look at any Windsor property that includes a swimming pool. For others, it is a necessity. But for many, they are on the fence about buying a home that has this feature. What are the pros and cons of purchasing a home with a swimming pool? Maybe this will help the buyer who is not sure.
1. It’s a great entertainment feature. Particularly with families, this is entertainment at the drop of a hat. If you want to be the house where kids will hang out, you can’t go wrong with a pool.
2. For many buyers, swimming pools add visual value to a backyard.
3. Obviously, there is nothing better than to instantly cool down during a particular hot day.
4. Swimming pools often bring value to a home at resale.
5. For many, a pool adds health benefits, as it provides excellent exercise.
1. Can be a safety hazard for small children. Drowning is the leading cause of death for children ages 1 – 4. Strict safety measures must always be enforced.
2. Pools do require regular maintenance including chemicals, cleaning and repair.
3. Homes with a pool often cost more with home insurance and heating the pool can be expensive with your utility budget.
Do pools add value to a Windsor property? It depends. In hot climates, pools are usually at the top of every buyer’s want list. But for colder climates, a pool can often add no value at all.