You are ready to move into your New Windsor Real Estate! Congratulations! You have toured many properties, been through the home inspection and appraisal process and the stressful negotiation stage! It’s all paid off and you are now getting settled into your new home. It was worth it wasn’t it?
But before you get too settled, it’s easy to forget a few of the more basic items that should be included on your checklist.
1. Utilities: While this may seem a no brainer, you would be surprised how many buyers are not sure what company to call. Or those that have rented Windsor real estate in the past forget that they need to order services that were originally included in their rental. Call gas, electric, telephone, garbage service and cable. Check when bills will be due and when garbage will be picked up.
2. Circuit Breaker: Do you know where your main circuit breaker is located? Fine out and make sure each breaker is labeled correctly.
3. Fire Extinguishers: Make sure that you have one on each floor of your home and every member of your family knows where it is located.
4. First Aid Kit: Accidents happen, especially when you are moving. Have a first aid kit in a central location of your home. Also include emergency phone numbers.
5. Exits: If there were a sudden emergency in your new home, do you have a fire exit? Go over a strategy with your family and figure out how to get out safely if an emergency occurs.
6. Off Switch: Make sure you and your family members can locate the main water shut-off in your Windsor real estate.
7. Smoke Detectors: Make sure they are enough of them and that they are all working properly.