One of the most common questions a buyer asks is, “Why are they selling their Windsor home?” How often do you drive by a neighbourhood and see a home for sale and ask yourself, “I wonder why they are moving?” Sellers move for a variety of reasons, but here are the top reasons a homeowner sells their home.
1. Lifestyle change: For many, owning a home is big expense and the thought of putting any more money into a Windsor home is enough to put it on the market. Sellers here would rather travel, pursue a hobby but overall, just be less responsible.
2. Upgrade: Sellers often want to move from their smaller home to something bigger and grander.
3. Job transfer: People are now going where the jobs are, and it’s rare when anyone turns down an opportunity to work, even if it means they need to move.
4. Empty nest: Owners here want a smaller Windsor home, less upkeep and more time to pursue other interests.
5. Be closer to family: For many, the desire to be closer to family is a major reason to relocate. This is especially true as parents’ age and they want to be close to their children and grandchildren.
6. Neighbourhood: Unfortunately, neighbourhoods sometime change for the worse. Whether a seller doesn’t get along well with neighbours, or doesn’t like the idea that a freeway is going in nearby or there are too many homes in foreclosure, they figure it’s best to get out before it gets worse.
7. Health problems: Owning a home can not only take work, but it takes a lot of physical energy, from cleaning, walking up stairs, landscaping, etc. For those suffering from health problems, a move to a smaller home with less maintenance is a reason to sell a home.
8. Cash: Some owners want to take the money and run. If a Windsor home has a large equity, many people would prefer to see it in a bank and not in their home.