If you are a college grad, and you are looking for a new home now that you are one of the lucky ones that have a good paying job, then Windsor Condos may be the perfect choice for you.
Of course, there are many things to consider before signing on the dotted line as buying a home is a big investment. There are lots of pros and cons to think about when buying a home at this stage of your life. Here are a few questions you need to ask yourself:
1. Is it affordable? It’s not a simple house payment you need to consider. It’s also the insurance, maintenance and homeowner association dues among other costs.
2. Location: Yes, it’s true. It’s all about location, location, location. Purchasing a condo near work, public transportation and entertainment while considering resale value is important. Windsor condos in popular areas will maintain their value and usually have an active homeowners association that will protect your interests.
3. Safety: Another reason to think about location. When looking at Windsor condos, don’t be shy when asking about crime statistics in the neighborhood. If you are looking at a condo that has had frequent break-ins, then you need to know this.
4. Seller Status: Why is the seller moving? Is it because of unruly neighbors? Are major repairs needed for the condo, like a new roof? Are they upside down on their mortgage? Depending on the answers to your questions, this could be an advantage to you when making an offer.
5. Age of Condo: If you are considering an older condo that needs updating indoors, are you prepared to put in the time and money? Painting, new appliances, flooring and other home repairs can be costly, so consider that before making an offer.
The first step when considering purchasing your first home or condo is to contact a professional, experienced real estate agent. Let them carefully guide you while you consider looking at Windsor condos.
If you enjoyed this post, why don’t you simply click here to subscribe to the Windsor Real Estate Blog RSS Feed?