With the number of Windsor houses for sale in the thousands, it is important that the more you know about our housing market, the best chance you will have in selecting the best price for your home. I offer you these tools so that you can have a better idea what your home is worth.
1. Look around your neighborhood: All housing markets are local. Take a drive and see what homes sold for in your surrounding area. What is the demand for a home like yours? Look at what comparables for similar houses sold for in the previous year, six months and three months. Please note that buyers are doing this as well, so it’s best to be prepared with all information that is available.
2. Who are the buyers? We are fortunate that Windsor houses for sale are some of the most desirable in our immediate area but buyers want to look at many houses, including new homes from builders desperate to sell and older homes that may need work. Buyers understand that inventory is high and that there is much to choose from.
3. Know what your Windsor house is worth: Get an appraisal from a certified professional appraiser. This will give you a good idea of what your home is currently worth.
4. Pricing Strategically: Windsor houses for sale that want to move quickly, know that it is important to think ahead. For example, if prices are falling one percent every month, and you need to sell within four months, then you may want to immediately deduct 4 percent off the asking price when you list your home. This is better than dropping the price every month like your competition may be doing.
5. Hire a Professional: We look out for your best interests and have the experience and expertise to sell homes in your area. It is our job to determine that you get the best possible price for your home.