Windsor Ontario real estate is posed to have a very busy spring, with buyers taking advantage of the many homes on the market while interest rates remain low. Therefore, it seems like a good idea to go over some important tips for homebuyers who are busy navigating the many “For Sale” signs.
1. Find a good, experienced agent: Get recommendations from friends and co-workers and find the one that best suits you. Look to see their sale records and if they are knowledgeable about the neighborhoods and schools in areas you are interested in purchasing. Ask for references and make sure they will be available via phone, text and email.
2. Get pre-approved for a loan. This is important as it not only gives you an advantage over other buyers, but it also clearly tells you and your agent how much you are qualified to purchase.
3. Learn everything about the neighborhood. Yes, you might like a home, but what is the neighborhood like? Are they schools good? Is the neighborhood safe? Travel the neighborhood at different times and on the weekend.
4. Always ask questions regarding Windsor Ontario real estate! If you don’t understand anything at all during the buying process, by all means ask! Good real estate agents want to assist you to make sure nothing catches you by surprise.
5. Make realistic offers. In a neighborhood where the market is doing fairly well, and where there could be multiple offers, make sure your first offer is serious to show the sellers you very much want to purchase their home.
6. Always have a home inspection. There are often hidden problems that buyers and real estate agents cannot possibly be aware of when touring a home. That is why it is important to always have a home inspection done. This is one move you will never regret.
7. Finally, and this is hard to do, but don’t get emotional over a home: Yes, I know, it’s easier said than done. You finally find the perfect home that is calling your name, but it is always better to keep within your price range. Don’t overextend yourself and have a back up home if necessary. There are many homes out there as far as Windsor Ontario real estate goes, and many have the potential to be your dream home.