As the Windsor real estate industry slowly picks itself up from a tough past few years, buyers are realizing that the days of finding bargain basement pricing may be winding down. Therefore, we are seeing more and more buyers take advantage of some final deals before home prices start increasing.
If you find that you are in the market for a home, now is the time to contact a real estate agent and move forward. To assist you in finding exactly what you want, ask yourself these questions so your home buying process will go smoothly.
1. What type of home do you want? Do you prefer a new home or an existing one? A move in ready home or a fixer-upper? Do you like modern style homes or more traditional? One story or two?
2. What neighborhoods do you like? Do you want to live closer to your work? Or in the best school district? Do you prefer living near the center of town or do you prefer more peace and quiet?
3. Do you have financing? Getting your financial records in order and getting pre-approved for a mortgage helps tremendously when looking for a home. It gives you more buying power as well as a definite amount that you can spend. It is never fun to fall in love with a house only to find out you can’t afford it.
4. Do you need to sale your current home? If you rent, when is your lease up? Will interest rates start rising soon? These are all questions that can determine when you are able to move.
5. Do you have a realtor? Regarding Windsor Real Estate, always find a good, reputable real estate agent that can give you much needed information on upcoming homes going on the market and the latest on what is happening in real estate news in your area.
It takes a little homework to get the process started, but it is well worth it and will help you find the home that is best for you.