Just before it’s time to close on your Windsor real estate, there is one last thing that needs to be done: the walk-through. This is usually a very happy time for buyers as the ups and downs of purchasing a home are just about done. The final step though is very important and should not be taken lightly. Conducting a thorough walk-throw with your agent is a necessary step before you sign on the dotted line. Here are some very good tips to make your walk-through easier and to your full advantage.
1. Grab the list from your home inspection and inspect the items that needed to be fixed. Once you have confirmed that repairs were made, you can check it off. Request receipts for your records.
2. Turn on all appliances to make sure they are working properly.
3. Make sure garage door openers, keys to home (and mailbox if needed) as well as all manuals and warranties are left in a place where you can find them.
4. Unless you have made prior arrangements, make sure all of the homeowner’s possessions are out of the home.
5. Get codes for security system and garage door openers if needed.
6. Look for any damage made since you have been in your Windsor real estate by examining walls, floors, counter tops, fixtures, etc.
By allowing yourself at least thirty minutes to carefully walk-through your soon to be new home, and having your Windsor real estate agent with you, you are on your way to finalizing that last important step in buying your new home.
If you enjoyed this post, why don’t you simply click here to subscribe to the Windsor Real Estate Blog RSS Feed?